Saturday, September 27, 2008

PCAT

On a sad note I got my PCAT scores back today and I did awful! Your score is based on how well you did compared to everyone else that took the test the same day as you. I blame it on all the Asians that were taking the test that day, haha, just kidding. My scores were as follows:

Section Scaled Score/Percentile
Verbal Ability 406/58
Biology 399/45
Reading Comprehension 407/57
Quantitative Ability 386/19
Chemistry 401/47
Composite 400/43

I did horrible in the Math section and I knew it because we had 40 mins to answer 40 questions that were pretty much all Calculus questions (which take forever to do!). I ended up guessing on a lot of answers because I ran out of time (guessing doesn't hurt your score). But on a happier note I did really well in the Writing Sections:


Score/Mean
Conventions of Language 3.0/2.90
Problem Solving 3.5/2.87

I believe the scores for writing were out of 5 with a 5 being the heighest possible score. I did better then the mean so I think I did pretty awesome on the writing portion! Now I just have to retake the test in January and hope for better scores overall. Otherwise I am going to have to postpone Pharmacy school until the next year (2010) and in the mean time take a class or something to prepare myself better! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

ACDC2005 said...

I have no idea what all that means but you did better than me! I didn't even take it! And I'm sure if I did I wouldn't do too great.

Sarah said...

Thanks Aimee! I'm just going to have to retake the stupid test. I'm still going to apply to school with my scores because the next scores won't be out until after the application deadline, so we'll see how it goes!