Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Why I support Prop 8

Although I am only a permanent resident and I can't vote, if I could vote I would vote YES on Proposition 8 in California. Many people here are against prop 8 and claim that by voting yes on prop 8 we will be taking away fundamental rights of gays and lesbians. Voters would not be taking away any rights of gays and lesbians, they already have the same rights as married men and women. I think this link says everything that I would say and Californians should vote YES on Prop 8. To me the part that makes the most sense is the biology aspect of it. A female can not reproduce without a male (or his sperm) and so it just makes sense that marriage should be between a man and a woman and that those precious children have every right to be brought up in a home with a mother and a father, not a mom and a mom or a dad and a dad. It makes me sad to think that teachers are supporting this measure because per California law children are to be taught about marriage in school. Marriage is a religious institution not a government institution. Non-supporters are saying that if I parents doesn't want their child to be taught about these things in school then they can pull them out of class for the day. I don't think that teachers should be the ones teaching children about marriage, I think it should be mommy and daddy that should be teaching these children about marriage (another reason why I want my children to go to private school or something similar). Just read the article, it's really well written.

No comments: