Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Creighton

On Monday December 14th in the morning I got a call from Creighton University telling me that I was accepted into Pharmacy School for Fall 2010. I was so ecstatic after that phone call that I bounced around the house not believing what I heard. I called David first to tell him but he was busy at work and I couldn't get ahold of him. So I called my dad who was in SLC at the time going through his first round of chemo for his cancer treatment. He had to go but I he told my mom to call me because I had something important to tell her. I called my in-laws and they were both extremely happy...my father in law says we are now Retirement Plan A instead of B...humm. My mom called me back and was wondering what news I had. I told her and she was so excited for me. I called my brother and posted on Facebook. I really appreciated all the wonderful messages people left me. I went to work and told my cooworkers and pharmacists. The two pharmacists on duty were excited and thinking of all the stuff I could do when I became an intern...answering phone calls from doctors offices etc...that was funny. I was excited to finally talk to my hubby that evening. Finally being able to tell him was the best part. I know David is excited for me and us because he knows that I will have something to do while he is busy going everywhere for the Army and that I get to do something I wanted to do in the first place. This opportunity also gives us a bright future because we at least know what one of us will be doing. That way David can take his time and figure out what it is he really wants to do when he decides to get out of the Army. Creighton University Pharmacy School Class of 2010 here I come! Not to jump the gun or anything but I will be officially finished with school May 2014!! Can't wait for the next 4 years.

No comments: