Thursday, November 24, 2011

What We've Been Up to

We've been really busy since the end of September.  We closed on our house September 28th and got to work with the renovations.  But not before we had to deal with getting the Jetta repaired since we were rear-ended on our way to close on the house.  That's the second time that car has been rear ended, poor Jetta.  Everyone involved in the accident was fine, thankfully the teens insurance paid the $6000 of repairs. David's dad came up from GA to stay for a week to help with rewiring the house.  He ended up staying for 5 weeks and we are so grateful for is help.  We also demolished the kitchen with the help of my brother and FIL.  The renovations are coming along slowly but surely.  I can't wait for it all to be done!  School has been keeping me busy with test after test. This semester has definitely been challenging and I can't wait for it to be over.  
Before


Before

Before



Panorama of the demolition, makes the wood and window look crooked but they are not.




A few cabinets and microwave in place

Where the pantry used to be near the window. Now it's much more functional
The double ovens sit where the old fridge used to be.
 And.......last but not least baby Spencer will make His/Her debut sometime around June 4th, 2012. We are super excited about this next chapter in our life. Baby has perfect timing. I'll be done with my 2nd year of Pharmacy School at the beginning of May and will have to work for 2 weeks in a Hospital Pharmacy.  I'll have just enough time to squeeze that in before baby makes his/her appearance. My summer labs take place at the end of July and baby will be about a month or so old when that takes place.  Then I will have the rest of the summer to "relax" and enjoy spending some quality time with baby before my last year of classes starts in August.

2 comments:

Jessi said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! I am sooooo excited for you!!!! happy house! happy baby! what wonderful news! Miss ya!

Alainarae said...

Congrats on the house, and the baby! How exciting... I can't wait to see the "after"pics of your house! I love those!