Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New Year, New Post

I meant to send out Christmas cards and had everything all set but then right before we were leaving to go to GA for Christmas I lost the box of cards I had purchased. Sorry to everyone that sent me a card I was going to send you one back but couldn't find the darn things!  Things have been busy since I last wrote and our house renos are coming along slowly but surely.  The kitchen has new counters and they are gorgeous!  We have someone coming up to help us finish all the little things that need to get done around the house. I'm hopeful that it will all get done before the end of the month so we can move our furniture and stuff out of storage and make this place a home! I'll post pictures when it's done.

We had Christmas early with my family on Dec. 21st. It was great to be able to spend time with my parents, siblings, sister-in-law, and nephew. For my mom's present we paid for a photography session so that she could have some nice pictures of the family. She was really happy about her gift.

We drove down to GA on the 23rd and spent Christmas with David's family. We really enjoyed being able to relax and enjoy one another's company. His parents had the house all decked out for the holidays, wish I had taken some pictures, it was gorgeous!  We drove back up here on the 29th since we had an important doctor's appointment on the 30th.

I scheduled my anatomy scan on Dec. 30th month's beforehand because I knew David would be able to make the appointment.  It was really awesome being able to see our baby move around and all the body parts.  When the tech first brought baby up on the screen baby was head down, butt over the head and feet dangling. It was too funny. She asked if we wanted to find out the gender which was not difficult to figure out right away since baby was sitting still with legs wide-open. If you didn't see our announcement on facebook here is a picture:
My instincts were right and everyone that told me what they thought baby was going to be were all right. We're having a little girl and everyone is thrilled!  My side of the family has tons of boys and so does David's.  My mother has 4 brothers, I have 3 brothers, and all my cousins but one are male.  My nana (grandmother) has only 3 granddaughters and so far 6 great-grandsons. I was so happy to share the news with her that we were giving her the first great-granddaughter.  David's dad had 4 brothers and David has only a brother.  It will be nice having a little less testosterone in the family.  She's going to be one spoiled girl!


The rest of the ultrasound went well.  Baby girl has all her body parts, organs, and everything looked great. She's growing right on target with an estimated due date of June 3rd/4th (depending on what calculator they are using). She might end up sharing a birthday with her daddy!  Here are few more pictures from the ultrasound for your viewing pleasure:

Everyone has been asking me for belly bump pictures but I'm sorry to disappoint I really don't have a belly yet. I'm at the stage that I like to call "fat girl" stage. People don't know whether I'm pregnant or just fat so it's safe not to ask me.  I'll definitely post a picture when I look like I'm pregnant.  This past Sunday marked 5months for me and half way through my pregnancy.  I'm also excited to say that I've finally been able to feel this little girl kicking and it's an awesome, but strange feeling.  I started feeling her about January 6th when I was driving to the grocery store. It kind of feels like a muscle twitch.

As far as names go we haven't picked anything out yet. We really haven't had much time to talk about it since we've both been really busy.  But once we do pick out her name we aren't revealing it until she makes her appearance. I would rather not have to deal with people making rude or inappropriate comments about the name we choose since it's such a personal and difficult thing to come up with in the first place.  For now she'll be called baby girl or whatever else we come up with.

I just started classes again last Monday and it's been extremely stressful and hectic to say the least.  We've had tons of assignments due already and lots of added lectures that aren't normally on the schedule.  If I'm not busy doing schoolwork I'm usually busy cooking, cleaning, and getting this place organized.

Here's to a New Year filled with new adventures. Can't wait to see what it has in store!

1 comment:

Alainarae said...

Aww! That makes me happy that you get to have a little girl in a family over run with males! You are so busy and that's so exciting with your new house and everything you have to look forward to this year! Congratulations! I think that's a good idea about waiting to reveal the name... When I was trying to decide what to name this baby, I sent a list of choices to the people that I knew would have an opinion- and boy, did they ever! But once I figured out what the name was, I didn't ask, I told them, this is his name, and I don't want an opinion this time! Ha! I'm sure whatever you name her, when she's here and you have a cute face to go with the name, no one will say anything! Naming kids is hard:) good luck!